FAQ & Policies
1. What size groups can you accommodate?
Answer: We can accommodate an unlimited amount of people.
2. What is the minimum amount of people you can accommodate?
Answer: We can accept as little as 1 or 2 person tours so long as our base price is met.
3. Can we design our own tour?
Answer: Certainly! We are happy to help you plan your tour, or accommodate any tour you have planned out yourself. The Monterey Bay Experience is committed to satisfying its customers no matter what their tour needs may be.
4. Are children allowed on the tour?
Answer: Children are permitted only on private tours. For scheduled tours we like to keep the age limit above 21 to ensure the uninterrupted enjoyment of all of our guests.
5. Where can I park my car while I am on the tour?
Answer: All meeting points will be located near convenient and safe parking areas.
6. Can I be picked up at my private residence?
Answer: Yes. But all arrangements must be made prior to the tour.
7. How are you able to provide tours at wineries typically not open to the public?
Answer: We have built special relationships with our affiliate wineries and they are happy to work with us to show you the best that the Monterey Bay area has to offer.
8. Are tasting fees included?
Answer: Not unless you have prearranged this request with us and we have factored the price into your overall quote. Shared tours are the exception, where the price includes tastings and a light lunch.
9. Are vegetarian meals available?
Answer: After you have reserved a tour you can request a form which you can fill out to specify your own personal lunch options. Vegan and vegetarian options are available.
9a. Are other catering options available?
Answer: Yes. For private tours we can set up gourmet catering or cheese platters. If you would like this service please let us know when booking a reservation.
10. Are sight seeing and non-wine related tours available?
Answer: We are happy to accommodate almost any tour imaginable in Monterey and Santa Cruz County.
11. How many wines will we be allowed to taste at each winery?
Answer: Every winery has a different amount of bottles open for tasting each day. Generally a winery has 3-7 tastes set up for each visitor.
12. Can I be dropped off at a different location than the one I was picked up at?
Answer: Yes. This can be arranged during booking. If you are planning to attend one of our scheduled tours you may need to call our office line to make these arrangements.
13. How far in advance do I need to make reservations?
Answer: It is best to book as far in advance as possible. During summer we can get quite busy, but we will always do whatever is in our power to help accommodate each and every customer.
14. What is your cancellation policy for wine tours?
Answer: Cancellations made within seven days of the wine tour will be charged 50% of the initially quoted price. Cancellations made within 48 hours of the tour or “no shows” will be charged 100% of the originally quoted price.
15. What is your cancellation policy for wedding shuttles?
Answer: We take a $100 per shuttle deposit for wedding shuttles. This deposit is non-refundable. Clients are free to cancel shuttles up until the day before the wedding but the deposit will not be refunded. Full payment for wedding shuttles is due the day before the wedding.
16. How much should I leave for gratuity?
Answer: 10-20% is standard gratuity for your driver. Any group over 20 will have an 15% gratuity added on to the final quote.